*** Backorder / Free Shipping (Canada) ***
Engineered to Powerful Perfection
The KANN series is a portable player lineup loved by audiophiles all over the world for its performance focused on high output and clear sound. KANN MAX, the fourth product in the KANN series, builds on the advantages of the KANN series with higher output and portability. It provides 4 levels of gain and up to 15Vrms output so that a wide array of headphones can be driven in an optimal state.
By integrating the proven design of the KANN series into a lighter weight and smaller sized player, they have realized both ultra-high output and low noise. KANN MAX features ESS ES9038Q2M Quad-DAC together with Astell&Kern's unique audio technology to provide the best performance you can feel from a portable DAP.
- 4-step gain level with maximum 15Vrms output
- Perfect circuit design with ultra-high output and low noise in an even smaller sized player
- Equipped with ESS ES9038Q2M Quad-DAC that reproduces clear, exceptional output
- TERATON ALPHA, the epitome of Astell&Kern audio technology
- 32-bit/768kHz, Native DSD512 support
- Bluetooth 5.0 and 24-bit codec (Qualcomm® aptX™ HD , LDAC) support
- ReplayGain that automatically adjusts volume to be consistent across tracks
Ultra-High Output in a Smaller Size Device
KANN MAX takes the identity of the series to the next level to provide a perfect experience with high power and clear sound.
It provides 4 stages of gain level and ultra-high output of up to 15Vrms, which was previously only possible with a stationary headphone amplifier.
KANN MAX can perfectly drive even the most sophisticated headphones with high impedance.
KANN MAX offers a smaller size and weight than the KANN APLHA player, which boasted the best portability in the existing KANN series.
Although smaller in size, all power-related components have been analyzed and the power circuit has been redesigned several times to achieve 13 hours of continuous playback.
Quad-DAC Sound That Reproduces Clear and Overwhelming Sound Output
KANN MAX is the first player in the KANN series to be equipped with four ES9038Q2M DACs for high-output performance.
By applying Quad DACs, one DAC can be fully allocated to one channel, so the depth and realism of the sound source can be expressed to the fullest.
Combined with Astell&Kern's amplifier circuit technology that naturally and delicately raises the strengths of the DAC, and the perfect decoding ability of the DAC to deliver the original sound as it is, music output is expressed as the original sound without distortion.
Four DACs applied to KANN MAX, a power supply IC configured for each audio block, and a perfect circuit design produce ultra-high output and low noise, providing you with the best performance and sound that the KANN series is known for.
Astell&Kern Audio Technology Forms the TERATON ALPHA Sound Solution
AK ULTIMATE SOUND SOLUTION, TERATON ALPHA
TERATON ALPHA is AK's Ultimate Sound Solution to produce audio playback that is close to the original sound through the audio output interface by use of effective power noise removal, efficient power management and amplification with minimal distortion.
TERATON ALPHA features Astell&Kern's patented technologies, which are the result of tens of thousands of hours of continuous research and development to produce sound close to the original sound the artist and producer intended.
While the existing KANN series image was a heavy and strong image, with KANN MAX, they wanted to continue the identity of the Astell&Kern KANN lineup while boasting a thinner size and high-power performance like a high-performance sports car.
The slimmer shape is emphasized with the hexagonal top line that narrows sharply from the bottom up, and the hairline treatment on the back expresses the sense of speed and shows confidence that it can produce powerful output.
The KANN MAX is made of an aluminum body, and is available in an Anthracite Gray color model that inherits the signature color of Astell&Kern, and a limited edition of the Brown Mud color.
- Model: KANN MAX
- Body Color: Anthracite Gray, Mud
- Body Material: Aluminum
- Display: 4.1-inch, 720 x 1,280 touchscreen
- Supported Audio Formats: WAV, FLAC, WMA, MP3, OGG, APE, AAC, ALAC, AIFF, DIFF, DSF, MQA
- Sample Rate: PCM: 8kHz ~ 768kHz (8/16/24/32-bits per Sample) - DSD Native: DSD64 (1-bit, 2.8MHz), Stereo / DSD128 (1-bit, 5.6MHz), Stereo / DSD256 (1-bit, 11.2MHz), Stereo / DSD512 (1-bit, 22.4MHz), Stereo
- Output Level: [Low] Unbalanced 2Vrms / Balanced 4Vrms (Condition No Load) - [Mid] Unbalanced 4Vrms / Balanced 8Vrms (Condition No Load) - [High] Unbalanced 6Vrms / Balanced 12Vrms (Condition No Load) - [Super] Unbalanced 8Vrms / Balanced 15Vrms (Condition No Load)
- CPU: Quad-Core
- DAC: ESS ES9038Q2M x 4 (Quad-DAC)
- Decoding: Support up to 32-Bit/768kHz Bit-to-Bit Playback
- Input: USB Type-C Input (For Charging & PC & MAC)
- Outputs: Unbalanced Out (3.5mm), Optical Out (3.5mm) - Balanced Out (2.5mm, only 4-pole supported | 4.4mm, only 4-pole supported)
- Wi-Fi: 802.11 b/g/n (2.4GHz)
- Bluetooth: V5.0 (A2DP, AVRCP, Qualcomm® aptX™ HD, LDAC)
- Dimensions: 2.68" (68.3mm) [W] x 4.6" (117mm) [H] x 0.92" (23.6mm) [D]
- Weight; About 10.76oz (305g)
- Feature Enhancements: Firmware upgrade supported (OTA)
- Operating Temperature: 0℃ ~ + 40℃ (32℉~ 104℉)
- Frequency Response: ±0.023dB (Condition: 20Hz~20kHz) Unbalanced │ ±0.026dB (Condition: 20Hz~20kHz) Balanced - ±0.035dB (Condition: 20Hz~70kHz) Unbalanced │ ±0.072dB (Condition: 20Hz~70kHz) Balanced
- S/N: 114dB @ 1kHz, Unbalanced │ 115dB @ 1kHz, Balanced
- Crosstalk: -124dB @ 1kHz, Unbalanced │ -135dB @ 1kHz, Balanced
- THD+N: 0.0003% @ 1kHz, Unbalanced │ 0.0004% @ 1kHz, Balanced
- IMD SMPTE: 0.0007% 800Hz 10kHz (4:1) Unbalanced │ 0.0007% 800Hz 10kHz (4:1) Balanced
- Output Impedance: Unbalanced Out 3.5mm (1ohm) │ Balanced Out 2.5mm (1.6ohm), 4.4mm (1.6ohm)
*Audio specifications will be based on Low Gain
- Clock Jitter: 25ps (Typ)
- Reference Clock Jitter: 70ps
- Built-In Memory: 64GB [NAND]
- External Memory: microSD x 1 (Max. 1TB)
- Capacity: 5,600mAh 3.8V Li-Polymer
- Charge Time: About 3.5 hours (9V 1.67A Fast Charging) | 5.5 hours (5V 2A General Charging)
- Playback Time: About 13 hours (Standard: FLAC, 16-bit, 44.1kHz, Unbalanced, Vol. 40, LCD Off, LED On, Low Gain)
- Supported OS: Windows 7, 8, 10 (32/64bit); MAC OS X 10.7
IMPORTANT: This item is not refundable