*** Backorder (available September 2023) / Free Shipping (Canada) ***
Compact Size, Massive Choice
The MXN10 network player can bring the world of Hi-Res music to much-loved hi-fi set-ups and other audio systems. Its half-width compact footprint offers flexibility of placement. MXN10 can access free music, including internet radio, as well as subscription services – many of which offer free trials, so you’ll soon find your perfect streaming partner. MXN10 can play Hi-Res music from USB and NAS drives too. That’s digital music from limitless sources routed through one compact unit – all conveniently controlled with the free StreamMagic app from your mobile.
In a nutshell
- StreamMagic Gen 4 Module – fast music retrieval & high-quality sound
- ESS SABRE ES9033Q DAC – for the latest streaming capabilities
- High-quality Internet Radio – using MPEG-DASH support
- Spotify Connect, TIDAL & Qobuz built in – for best possible sound
- Roon Ready – simple consolidated browsing of digital music sources
- Connectivity Choice – USB playback, Bluetooth 5.0, Airplay 2 & Chromecast built-in
- Choice of Output – RCA/phono plus, digital coax & optical connections
- Compact, Half Width Footprint – for flexible placement
A Decade of Streaming Distilled
The latest StreamMagic Gen 4 module and software powers MXN10. It’s a system developed by Cambridge Audio in London for no-compromise hi-fi sound and rock-solid streaming performance. It’s intuitive to use and can playback music with up to an incredible 768KHz 32bit PCM or DSD512 resolution – to keep the most demanding listener happy.
The Revolution Will be Streamed
Streamed music once traded-off hi-fi sound quality with convenience. Thankfully, things have changed – thanks to faster broadband speeds, newer audio CODECs, many more services to choose from and now, because MXN10 takes the celebrated StreamMagic platform and makes it available to even more people.
Choose More Choice
MXN10 can access both subscription and free Hi-Res streaming services, including internet radio, Spotify Connect, Tidal, Deezer and Qobuz – all integrated for best possible sound quality. With Apple Airplay2 and Chromecast built-in as well, you can access Apple Music and more, including BBC Sounds. And because MXN10 is Roon Ready, you can collate your digital music listening, regardless of origin, into a single magazine-style service.
Internet Radio, Live Transmission
Just like traditional radio, only it arrives via the internet rather than the airwaves. You can listen to your favourite broadcast stations, specialist internet only channels (including Soho Radio and NTS), plus many more from around the globe – all for free. Who knows what discoveries you’ll make on that specialist station from Tasmania? Plus, many stations are at a quality much higher than DAB.
The Gift of Music
If a friend visits, who doesn’t use the StreamMagic app (yet), they can play their favourite tracks wirelessly from their mobile with Bluetooth. Also, if they’ve any Hi-Res FLAC files on a USB drive, you can both listen in full hi-fi quality, just by inserting the drive into MXN10’s USB port.
There comes a time for us music fans when storage space becomes a problem. Then there’s the price you’ve got to pay to hear a handful of ‘previously unreleased’ tracks exclusive to bulky limited-edition box-sets. The compact MXN10 gives you the best of both worlds: hear the songs in incredible hi-res quality, without the worry of the impact on your shelves, or wallet.
Set the Controls
Using MXN10 couldn’t be easier. The StreamMagic app gives intuitive control of connected sources – to set presets, browse albums or curate playlists, all conveniently from your mobile device. Alternatively, there’s a row of neat buttons on MXN10’s sleek fascia that you can program for direct access to internet radio stations and favourite playlists.
Turn MXN10 around to see a pair of analogue RCA phono outs, digital coax and optical out, USB in, a pair of wi-fi antenna sockets for wireless network connection – or a LAN cable input if you prefer.
The analogue and digital outs also work simultaneously, meaning your hi-fi can also play nicely as a source in a multiroom set-up.
- Inputs: Ethernet, USB socket (mass storage), Wi-Fi, Bluetooth
- Outputs: Line out (unbalanced), Digital out (Coax and Optical)
- DAC: ESS Sabre ES9033Q
- Frequency response: 20Hz – 70kHz +0/-1dB
- Ethernet: IEEE 802.3 10 Base-T or 100 Base-T
- WI-FI: Wi-Fi 5 dual band 2.4/5gHz
- Bluetooth: 5.0 A2DP/AVRCP supporting SBC and AAC
- Compatibility: UPnP, Local USB media, Internet Radio, Chromecast, Spotify connect, Tidal, Qobuz, Roon Ready, Airplay 2
- Audio formats: ALAC, WAV, FLAC, AIFF, DSD (x512), WMA, MP3, AAC, HE AAC, AAC+, OGG Vorbis
- HI-RES support: Up to 768KHz 32bit PCM, up to DSD512
- Max power consumption: 20W
- Standby power consumption: <0.5W
- Dimensions (W X H X D) : 215 x 52 x 191mm
- Weight: 1.2kg
- Box contents: MXN10 player, WiFi/BT Antenna (x2), Safety Guide, Quick start guide, Regional mains lead