*** In stock / Free Shipping (Canada) / Usually ships the next business day (Non refundable) ***
FIRST HIGH-END closed-back headphones by Focal
To enjoy an incredible listening experience in total privacy, without worrying about a noisy environment disturbing this moment of pleasure: this is the promise made and kept by Elegia. In these high-end circum-aural closed-back headphones, we have combined the best of skilfully created technologies, developed and assembled in workshops in France. Elegia incorporates a new generation of exclusive full-range speaker drivers capable of operating in a small inner environment whilst ensuring exceptional dynamics and the most precise sound reproduction. Whether it’s the motor, the frameless copper voice coil, the dedicated 110 micron surround or the “M”-shape inverted dome, Elegia's speaker drivers are a mass of innovation dedicated to sound purity. And when connected to portable audio players, these headphones are incredibly high-performing. Zero resonance, excellent soundproofing: the naturalness and realism of the sound is striking from the first few seconds of listening.
With Elegia, there is no resonance to disturb the listening experience. And the closed earpads round off the remarkable soundproofing.
Exclusive speaker drivers
Elegia is equipped with a new generation of electrodynamic transducers which provide great elongation, at the heart of extremely dynamic sound, and a linear, extended frequency response of 23 kHz. The geometry of the new, half-roll NBR surround guarantees a lightweight moving part that is always under control, even at the lowest frequencies and the highest volumes. The sound reproduction is incredibly precise. And thanks to the "M”-shape inverted dome and its larger emissive surface, listening becomes sensational.
Comfort and elegance
With its well-mastered geometry, Elegia's headband moulds perfectly to the head, providing optimal grip for on-the-go use. The 20mm memory foam microfibre earpads as well as the yoke, which also moulds perfectly to the wearer’s face shape, are both key contributors to the headphones’ supreme comfort. They are also incredibly good-looking: noble materials such as leather, solid aluminium and microfibre finish off Elegia to a tee.
- 1.2m cable with 3.5mm stereo jack adapter
- 3.5mm to 6.35mm jack adapter
- A carefully finished, hard-shell carrying case. Thermoformed in the shape of the headphones, it protects, stores and carries Elegia with peace of mind.
- Type: Circum-aural closed back headphones
- Impedance: 35 Ohms
- Sensitivity: 105 dB SPL / 1 mW @ 1 kHz
- THD: 0.1 % @ 1 kHz / 100 dB SPL
- Frequency response: 5 Hz-23 kHz
- Speaker driver: 1.57" (40 mm) 'M'-shape Aluminium/ Magnesium dome Weight 15.4 lbs (430 g)
- Cable provided: 3.94 feet (1.2 m) asymmetric cable (0.14" - 3.5 mm TRS jack). 0.14" and (3.5 mm) to 0.25" (6.35 mm) stereo jack adapter.
- Hard-shell carry case provided: 10" x 9" x 5" (250 x 240 x 120 mm)